Internet Health Onsite SEO
Keeping tabs on their Internet health is an important responsibility for today’s businesses and organizations. An Internet Health Check-up examines how a website is built (onsite SEO) and how the Internet reacts to a website (offsite SEO).
An Internet Health Check-up evaluates 7 onsite aspects of your website.
- Keyword Density: Rate at which a keyword or phrase appears on a web page. You want to identify effective keywords and use them in your text. SEO Elves has measurement tools which pinpoint the optimal keyword usage while avoiding overuse. Keyword stuffing can negatively affect your ranking.
- Keyword weight: Help Google rank text by relevance by indicating the importance of keywords by using them in headings, subheadings, and titles.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help shape your marketing strategy. You can determine the number of visitors to your website, location of search, pages visited, traffic per day, most visited pages, keywords people use to find you, etc.
- Title tag: When someone reads you company’s title on a search result page, you want that person to click your link. The title needs to be an effective click-through tag. SEO Elves has tools that evaluate title tags for relevancy and strength.
- Meta description: The snippet of text that describes your web page on a search results page needs to entice readers to click your link and visit your page. SEO Elves is experienced in writing effective descriptions.
- Site map: A site map is a behind-the-scenes file that lists the pages of your website. Search engines rely on site maps to learn about your site’s content and determine when to show your website in search results. SEO Elves has the knowledge and capability to create site maps.
- Mobile Responsiveness: When web pages adjust to fit the size of the user’s device, it’s easier for the user to access the information on a cellphone or tablet. This feature reduces bounce rates and increases conversion rates. When users conduct a mobile search, they have the ability to touch an icon to visit a website, call the company, or get a map and directions. More people are using mobile devices than ever before, and mobile searches have surpassed desktop searches.
Internet Health Offsite SEO
Ranking and traffic is affected by 5 key factors that aren’t directly tied to your website. An Internet Health Check-up of Offsite SEO will evaluate these 5 factors.
- Social media: What is the strength of your social media presence? Relationships are formed and developed through social media. The power of social media marketing can be greatly leveraged to your advantage. Think about a photo you shot and post. When customers share the post on their own pages, they advertise for you. They are influencing their friends on your behalf and carry some clout as a trusted resource.
- YouTube channel: Creating your own YouTube channel is great, and maximizing its SEO capabilities is even better. Improve your SEO by using location tags and keyword tags and by creating inbound links for your videos. Who owns YouTube? Google does, so it makes sense that YouTube can help you improve your ranking on results pages.
- Domain Name: Pay attention to the alerts you receive when your domain name is expiring. Be sure to renew your domain name so someone else doesn’t purchase it and request a large payment from you to reacquire it.
- Google Places shows your physical location on Google Maps so customers can easily find you. This free feature is of utmost importance for generating local business. The Google Places page and Google Maps page may both show up on organic searches or location-specific searches. Keeping these listings current helps drive traffic to your doorstep. Your relevant information will be visible, including photos of your business, your address, phone number, email, hours of operation, and more. You can set up and edit a Google Places page at https://www.google.com/business.
- Directory Listings: How does your business appear on Internet directories? Are all of the key details present and correct? Business name, phone number, email, hours of operation, products and services you offer all should be accurate and up-to-date. The directories should also include the correct link to your website, so people can click once to visit you online. The primary benefit of a Directory Listings service is the assurance that search engines and approximately 60 directories all have the same information locked in and verified. All of the directories point back to your website. Search engines look for this consistency. The directories also create numerous legitimate incoming links, and of course, the key is to get found. These directories will drive information seekers to you.